Canterbury Cricket Club
Polo Farm Sports Ground
Kent CT3 4AF
Phone the ground
Evenings & match days
01227 769 159
When you arrive at our entrance you’ll see our distinctive “Pudding Gates”. The entrance to the car park is just beside these gates (NB: there is no access through the old gates - entrance next left).
The club house is to the left of the car park right next to pitch 1. We are on the Littlebourne Road, half way between Canterbury City Centre and Littlebourne on the A257, just over a quarter of a mile from Canterbury Golf Club.
Visitors arriving from the London direction
- Follow the A2 towards Dover.
- Take the Canterbury turn-off (this is the only one for the city).
- The slip way merges to a dual carriageway, drive for about half a mile.
- At the 1st roundabout - go straight-over - you will be skirting the old city wall.
- At the 2nd roundabout - follow road round to the right and continue to skirt city wall
- At the 3rd roundabout - go straight over
- At the 4th roundabout - go straight over (you may note the Police Station on your right) and keep right
- At the 5th roundabout - turn right (but keep into the left had lane ready to filter/turn left at the lights)
- At the 1st traffic lights - turn left using the slip road just before the light (Waitrose on left)
- At mini roundabout (after Canterbury College) - turn right on to A257 signpost Sandwich
- Drive past the prison, up the hill and army barracks on the left.
- Continue past Canterbury Golf Club, and junction to Stodmarsh Road (both on your left)
- About half a mile later, just after a long lay by, turn left (just after the Pudding Gates).
- If car park is full - drive straight through to overspill parking (up a wide path with tennis on your right) and turn right there more parking here beside the sand based pitch + more further on behind the indoor tennis centre (after which is Pitch 2)
- Coaches please park to the side of the main area or in the lay-by just before the main entrance.
On busy shopping days the traffic around the ring-road can be congested. Please allow an extra 20/25 minutes to negotiate the ring-road system from start to finish.
Alternatively, approach the club from the Bridge turn off (a slightly longer, but much less congested route).